THIS COURSE CURRENTLY NOT SCHEDULED
PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING LIST TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT COURSE OFFERINGS AND SCHEDULES
To teach participants to safely and effectively use a shotgun for defensive purposes
This training course is designed to assist individuals with the use of a shotgun for personal protection, particularly within the home. By participating in this course, individuals will learn to apply the NRA’s fundamental rules for gun handling while using a shotgun for personal protection. Participants will also be able to increase their understanding of the principles learned in the basic shotgun shooting course offered by MI Firearms ETS.
Resulting Knowledge and Skills
click for results
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to apply:
- The fundamental rules of safe gun handling while using a shotgun for the purpose of self defense
- The basic principles in identifying the type of shotgun needed to meet their specific needs for personal protection
- The different types and uses of shotgun ammunition and the limitations of each type
- How to tactically reload a shotgun while under the stress of a violent encounter
- How to safely handle a shotgun during a violent confrontation
- How to retain a shotgun during a violent encounter
- Factors for evaluating safe storage options for shotguns used for personal protection
Understanding these points will enable the student to effectively and safely use a shotgun for personal protection.
- Shotguns and ammunition will be provided for this educational course
- Eye and ear protection required at all times while on the firing range
Length of Course: 4 hours
- Supplemental Provided by MI Firearms ETS
Prerequisites (one of the following)
- Shotgun Shooting Education Course
Add your name to the waiting list, and we will contact you when the next class is available.