Long Range Rifle
THIS COURSE CURRENTLY NOT SCHEDULED
PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING LIST TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT COURSE OFFERINGS AND SCHEDULES
To teach participants to safely and effectively use a rifle for long range shooting.
This training course is designed to assist individuals with the use of a rifle for long range shooting, particularly for hunting purposes and target shooting. By participating in this course, individuals will learn to apply the NRA’s fundamental rules for gun handling while using a rifle for long range shooting purposes. Participants will also be able to increase their understanding of the principles learned in the basic rifle shooting course offered by MI Firearms ETS.
Resulting Knowledge and Skills
click for results
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to apply:
- The fundamental rules of safe gun handling while using a rifle for the purpose of shooting long distance targets
- The basic principles in identifying the type of rifle needed to meet their specific needs for long distance shooting
- The different types and uses of rifle ammunition and the limitations of each type
Understanding these points will enable the student to effectively and safely use a rifle for long range shooting.
- Rifles and ammunition will be provided for this educational course
- Eye and ear protection required at all times while on the firing range
Length of Course: 4 hours
- Supplemental provided by MI Firearms ETS
- Rifle Shooting Education Course