THIS COURSE CURRENTLY NOT SCHEDULED
PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING LIST TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT COURSE OFFERINGS AND SCHEDULES
To teach the basic knowledge skills and attitudes necessary for the safe and proper use of a shotgun to shoot a moving target.
The Basic Shotgun Shooting Course is an excellent way to learn the “basics” – the necessary first steps without which nothing else works.
Resulting Knowledge and Skills
As a result of this training, the participants should be able to:
- Identify the principle parts of a shotgun, the different action types and demonstrate how they function
- Identify and value the rules for safe gun handling
- Demonstrate how to handle shotguns in a safe manner
- Identify ammunition components and their function
- Identify the proper ammunition and its intended use
- Identify and demonstrate the five fundamentals of shooting a shotgun
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skill and attitude necessary to safely shoot a shotgun on a range
- Shoot a moving target using the five fundamentals of shotgun shooting
- Identify the materials needed to clean a shotgun
- Demonstrate how to clean a shotgun safely
- Identify criteria for selecting a shotgun
- Safely pursue and enjoy shotgun-shooting activities to the best of their ability
- Shotguns and ammunition are provided for the range time of this course.
- Hearing and eye protection are required on the range at all times.
- This course is required to advance to the Combat Shotgun Training offered by MI Firearms ETS
- This course can be waived for advancement into the Combat Shotgun Training offered by MI Firearms ETS by demonstrating proficiency to a MI Firearms ETS Instructor.
- There is a fee to schedule and perform proficiency with a shotgun for the possible waiver of this course as a pre-requisite to Combat Shotgun Training
Length of Course: 12 hours
- Home Firearm Safety Handbook
- The Basics of Shotgun Shooting